As part of our investigation, we will examine the lifespan of different 200Ah batteries, including 200Ah lithium batteries (12V 200Ah LiFePO4 batteries, for example) and 200Ah AGM deep cycle batteries. Additionally, we will include battery running times for different wattage devices (100W and 400W, for example).
Battery life of 200Ah batteries can range from below 1 hour (running 600W devices) to over 200 hours (running 10W devices).
Know 3 metrics to calculate how long 200Ah batteries last
To calculate how long 200Ah batteries last to power electric devices, we need to know only these 3 metrics:
- 200Ah Battery Voltage. A 12V 200Ah battery has a capacity of 2400Wh; most batteries are 12V. There is a 4800Wh battery capacity on a 24V 200Ah battery and a 9600Wh battery capacity on a 48V 200Ah battery; these 24-volt and 48-volt batteries can last twice as long as 12-volt 200Ah batteries because they have a double or quadruple battery capacity, respectively.
- 200Ah Battery Depth of Discharge or DoD. There is no 200Ah battery that gives out 200 amp-hours. For example, 200Ah lead batteries have a depth of discharge rate of 50%, which means they can only deliver 100 amp-hours. A battery’s depth of discharge is how many amp-hours it can give out out of its 200Ah capacity. The nominal depth of discharge is shown below for various types of batteries.(we will need this in the calculator below):
- The depth of discharge of a gel battery diminishes with cycles. Typically, a gel battery has a 75% DoD after 1000 cycles. A new gel battery can have a DoD of 80% or even more, and a very old gel battery with 5000+ cycles will have a DoD of below 70%.
- Running Device Average Wattage. Obviously, a 200Ah DC battery will power a 100-watt device four times longer than a 400-watt device, since 400W devices draw four times as much power.
12V 200Ah Lithium Battery Running Time Chart
The depth of discharge of lithium ion batteries (LiFePO4 or lithium iron phosphate batteries, to be precise) is above 90%. Given this, here is a chart that shows how many hours a 12V 200Ah lithium battery will last running devices ranging from 10W to 600W:
12V 200Ah AGM Deep Cycle Battery Running Time Chart
Here are the running times for 200Ah deep cycle batteries powered by different wattage devices, accounting for the 80% depth of discharge of AGM batteries:
You can now read off the running times of 200Ah 12V AGM deep cycle batteries with the chart.
As an example, a 12V 200Ah deep cycle battery will run a 1000-watt device for 1.92 hours (1 hour and 55 minutes) with a 200Ah deep cycle battery.
Hopefully, you now know how to calculate the running time for any 200 Ah battery. If you still can’t find the answer you are looking for, use the comment section, give us some specs, and we’ll help you out with the running time calculation. The calculator and both of these charts should help you quite a bit.
12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Battery OEM• Cell Optionals: LiFePO4
• Cycle Life: 4,000 cycles (80%DOD @25°C)
• MOQ: 10
• Delivery: 20 Days
• OEM/ODM/Customizable: Yes
• Production/Port: Redway Battery, Guangdong China