Lithium iron phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries, like other lithium-based batteries, are not inherently waterproof. The term “waterproof” implies that the battery can be submerged in water or exposed to wet conditions without being damaged or compromised. LiFePO4 batteries, like most lithium-ion batteries, are susceptible to damage if they come into direct contact with water or moisture, i.e LiFePO4 Batteries are NOT waterproof.
Exposure to water can cause a short circuit within the battery, potentially leading to the battery’s malfunction, reduced performance, or even safety hazards such as fire or leakage of hazardous chemicals.
To protect LiFePO4 batteries from water or moisture:
- Use Enclosures or Casings: When utilizing LiFePO4 batteries in applications where exposure to moisture is possible, it’s essential to use waterproof enclosures or casings to shield the batteries from direct contact with water.
- Sealing and Insulation: Properly seal and insulate the battery compartments or enclosures to prevent water infiltration and ensure that the batteries remain dry.
- Follow Manufacturer Guidelines: Always follow the manufacturer’s recommendations and guidelines regarding the use and protection of LiFePO4 batteries in specific environments.
- Maintenance and Care: Regularly inspect the battery compartments and enclosures to ensure that they remain sealed and intact. Replace any damaged or compromised seals promptly.
It’s crucial to maintain the integrity of the battery’s casing or enclosure and avoid exposing LiFePO4 batteries to water or excessive moisture to ensure their optimal performance, longevity, and safety.
12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Battery OEM• Cell Optionals: LiFePO4
• Cycle Life: 4,000 cycles (80%DOD @25°C)
• MOQ: 10
• Delivery: 20 Days
• OEM/ODM/Customizable: Yes
• Production/Port: Redway Battery, Guangdong China