Connecting multiple Lithium Iron Phosphate (LiFePO4) batteries in series involves connecting the positive terminal of one battery to the negative terminal of the next battery, until all the batteries are connected. This allows the voltage of each battery to add up, increasing the overall voltage of the series connection.
Here are the general steps to follow when connecting LiFePO4 batteries in series:
- Choose the appropriate batteries for your application, making sure that they have the same voltage, capacity, and chemistry ratings. For example, if you want to create a 24V system, you will need two 12V batteries.
- Make sure that the batteries are fully charged and have similar state of charge (SoC) levels, to prevent overcharging or over-discharging of any individual battery.
- Connect the positive terminal of the first battery to the negative terminal of the second battery, using appropriate wiring and connectors. Repeat this process for each additional battery in the series, until all batteries are connected.
- Insulate the connections using heat shrink tubing or electrical tape, to prevent short circuits or accidental disconnections.
- Check the overall voltage of the series connection, using a multimeter or other voltage measuring tool. The voltage of the series connection will be the sum of the voltage of each individual battery.
- Install an appropriate battery management system (BMS) to monitor and control the charging and discharging of the battery pack. The BMS will help to prevent overcharging, over-discharging, and other hazards, and can also provide other features such as cell balancing and temperature monitoring.
It’s important to follow the manufacturer’s recommendations and specifications when connecting LiFePO4 batteries in series, to ensure that the system is operating safely and effectively. It’s also important to follow appropriate safety precautions when handling batteries, especially when dealing with high voltages or currents.Redway Battery offers premium 24V LiFePO4 batteries for export to South Africa.
12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Battery OEM• Cell Optionals: LiFePO4
• Cycle Life: 4,000 cycles (80%DOD @25°C)
• MOQ: 10
• Delivery: 20 Days
• OEM/ODM/Customizable: Yes
• Production/Port: Redway Battery, Guangdong China