The 16650 battery is a lithium-ion rechargeable battery that is part of the 16mm diameter battery family, along with batteries like 16340, 18350, and 18650. The numbers in the naming convention generally refer to the dimensions of the battery, with the first two digits representing the diameter in millimeters, and the following three digits representing the length in tenths of a millimeter.
Specifically, for the 16650 battery:
- Diameter: 16mm
- Length: 65mm
16650 Battery Key Points
- Chemistry: Like most modern rechargeable batteries, the 16650 battery utilizes lithium-ion technology, providing a good balance between energy density, capacity, and weight.
- Voltage: A single 16650 lithium-ion battery typically has a nominal voltage of 3.7 volts.
- Capacity: The capacity of a 16650 battery can vary, but it’s often in the range of 2000-2500 milliampere-hours (mAh).
- Applications: The 16650 battery is commonly used in electronic devices such as flashlights, portable power banks, and other small electronics that require a reliable and rechargeable power source.
Rechargeability: Being a lithium-ion battery, the 16650 is rechargeable and can be recharged using compatible lithium-ion battery chargers。Redway Li-ion 16650 rechargeable batteries are made by using NMC material. This material offers excellent electric energy density while having minimum weight.These batteries are designed with 16650 standard size for appliances where 18650 battery-cell is too large. Some of the appliances which use such batteries include electric flashlight, portable speaker or electric toothbrush etc.
16650 Battery Specifications
Some of the main specifications of Redway 1800mAh 16650 batteries
- Nominal Voltage : 3.7V.
- Current Capacity : 1800mAh.
- Life Cycles: 800 cycles with DOD @ 80%.
- Cell Type : 16650.
- Cell Chemistry : NMC or LiNiMnCoO2.
- Cell Dimension : 55mm x 68.6mm.
- Max Discharge Current : 1800mA..
- Charge Cutoff Voltage : 4.2 V.
- Discharge Cutoff Voltage : 2.75 V.
- Rechargeable : Yes.
- Recommended charging current: 0.5- 1 A.
- Weight : 40 grams.
- Working Temperature for Charge : 00– 450
- Working Temperature for Discharge : 200– 600
16650 Battery Features
Some of the features of Redway 16650 batteries are:
- Versatile battery which can be used for variety of electrical equipment such as different brands of flash lights.
- It has great life with 800 cycles at 80% DOD and has no memory effects.
- It is extremely easy of install and does not need any maintenance.
- It is environment friendly and its rechargeability prevents wastage which would have happened in case of using non-rechargeable batteries.
- Cell use is high quality NMC which provides high electric density for low weight.
18650 vs 16650 Battery
18650 is 18mm in diameter and 65mm in length, while 16650 battery is 16mm in diameter and 65mm in length. If you want to know more about comparing the 18650 and 16650 batteries in detail, covering various aspects including size, capacity, voltage, applications, and more. Please check 18650 vs 16650 Battery, Comprehensive Comparison
16650 Battery Important Steps for Use
- Charge battery to 4.2 V before first use.
- Don’t use force to install battery.
- Prevent cell’s exposure to heat and humid environments.
- Do not short positive and negative terminals of battery directly.
- For longer periods of life, do not store battery fully charged for longer periods of time.
- Store battery in cold and dry places.
- Use high quality charger for charging batteries.
- Don’t leave it discharged for too long. Try to charge it immediately.
- Do not try to discharge batteries fully.
16650 Battery FAQs
Q1). Does Redway Battery provides samples?
Ans: We provide samples so that customer can test the quality of our products before placing bulk order. Our samples usually have MOQ of 5-15 pieces.
Q2). How much time does it take for product to arrive?
Ans: Our manufacturing time is 15 working days. But it is not absolute as it depends on total quantity of order. Large orders can take more days as well. Then for shipping it depends upon methods of shipping. For Air travel it takes up to 10 days and for Ship it may take from 30-40 days or even longer.
Q3). What is the life of batteries?
Ans: Our 16650 battery cells have 800 life cycle @ 80% DOD.
Q4). Does Redway Battery provides ODM services?
Ans: Redway battery offers both OEM and ODM services. You can request any Lithium battery of your need and we will manufacture it for you. You can also ask for custom labeling as well.
Q5). Does Redway battery has MOQ limit?
Ans: Redway battery has MOQ limit. For samples MOQ limit is 5-15 pieces. And for standard orders MOQ is usually 100 but we can also offer MOQ of 50 depending on type of battery client requests.
When using or purchasing 16650 batteries, it’s important to ensure they are from reputable manufacturers and follow appropriate safety guidelines for handling, charging, and disposing of lithium-ion batteries.
12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Battery OEM• Cell Optionals: LiFePO4
• Cycle Life: 4,000 cycles (80%DOD @25°C)
• MOQ: 10
• Delivery: 20 Days
• OEM/ODM/Customizable: Yes
• Production/Port: Redway Battery, Guangdong China