You simply need a ratchet or a socket wrench set as hardware to change your batteries. Use protective eyewear, gloves, and battery carrying straps while removing lead-acid batteries so that you are protected from corrosion and acid splash. A wire stripping and connecting kit could be required if you’re utilizing a 12V converter. It is a good idea to snap a picture of your setup and draw a wiring diagram before you get started to make it easier to keep track of all your connections. Change your vehicle’s drive mode from run to tow if you have this option. You are prepared to remove the batteries when the car is turned off and the charger is unplugged. (Check: Buy LiFePO4 Golf Cart Batteries at Wholesale Prices)
Preparation and Safety Measures:
- Gather Necessary Tools:
- Ratchet or socket wrench set.
- Protective eyewear, gloves, and battery carrying straps.
- Wire stripping and connecting kit (if using a 12V converter).
- Safety Precautions:
- Ensure you have protective gear on to handle lead-acid batteries safely.
- Use battery carrying straps to protect against corrosion and acid splash.
Removing Old Batteries:
- Disconnect Cables:
- Disconnect the primary positive cable first, followed by the primary negative cable.
- Identify and disconnect wires not connected to other batteries (primary wires).
- Remove Batteries:
- Take out the batteries after detaching any remaining cords.
- Clean the battery bay using a baking soda and water solution if needed to neutralize any battery acid.
Battery Series Connection:
- Charge Batteries:
- Ensure batteries are fully charged before connecting in series.
- Use a 12V charger for balancing, included in Redway Power Lithium packs with 50Ah or more batteries.
- Fuse Installation:
- Strongly advise using a fuse between DL+ batteries in series for safety.
- Install the fuse between the battery positive and the main positive.
Installing New Lithium Batteries:
- Secure Mounting:
- Safely mount the new lithium batteries on the cart.
- Connect Main Wires:
- Start with the positive wire and proceed to connect all main wires.
- Apply 10 foot-pounds of torque on each connection.
- Final Check and Sealing:
- Double-check all connections before proceeding.
- Test the cart to ensure proper functioning.
- Apply dielectric grease to battery terminals to seal them from the environment.
Connecting 12V Accessories:
- Use a 36/48V to 12V converter to maintain battery pack balance if you have 12V lighting or accessory connections.
Monitoring and Maintenance:
- Monitoring Battery Usage:
- Be aware of LiFePO4 battery‘s aggressive drain curve for a more precise understanding of usage.
- Use compatible battery monitors for accurate readings and better battery management.
- Maintaining Your Battery:
- Discharge the battery as much as possible before recharging to prolong its life.
- Use only the Redway Power Lithium charger and maintain charging temperature above freezing.
- Handle batteries carefully to maximize their lifespan.
By following these steps and safety precautions, you can effectively install and maintain lithium golf cart batteries on a 36V or 48V golf cart, ensuring optimal performance and longevity.
12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Battery OEM• Cell Optionals: LiFePO4
• Cycle Life: 4,000 cycles (80%DOD @25°C)
• MOQ: 10
• Delivery: 20 Days
• OEM/ODM/Customizable: Yes
• Production/Port: Redway Battery, Guangdong China