In most cases, a motorcycle or powersports battery label contains the brand, the size, and the letters “BS”. The battery brand and the size/group are self-explanatory, but the letters “BS” are not.
The letters “BS” on motorcycle batteries can mean several things:
– Battery Sealed (BS): BS-labeled motorcycle batteries are spill-proof, maintenance-free, and can operate almost anywhere, except upside down. However, some models can also operate upside down.
Factory Activated (FA) and Battery Sealed (BS) batteries are filled with electrolyte, sealed, and fully charged. Factory-activated batteries can be maintained, but they cannot be stored for long periods.
– Bottle Supplied (BS): Occasionally, motorcycle batteries are delivered as dry batteries with their electrolyte stored in plastic containers containing the exact amount of electrolyte.
Before their use, “Bottle Supplied” (BS) batteries must be activated – they are filled with electrolyte from the containers. This type of battery can be either wet/cell or AGM, both requiring very similar activation procedures.
Unlike “Battery Sealed” (BS) batteries, “Bottle Supplied” (BS) dry batteries have a much longer shelf life and they do not require maintenance/recharging while being stored for a longer period of time.
“Bottled Supplied” (BS) batteries may have a longer operating life since they are activated just prior to use, but with “Battery Sealed” (BS) batteries one doesn’t have to deal with a very aggressive and toxic sulfuric acid (H2SO4) which is used as an electrolyte in the lead-acid batteries, even though it is somewhat diluted.
12V 100Ah LiFePO4 Battery OEM• Cell Optionals: LiFePO4
• Cycle Life: 4,000 cycles (80%DOD @25°C)
• MOQ: 10
• Delivery: 20 Days
• OEM/ODM/Customizable: Yes
• Production/Port: Redway Battery, Guangdong China